(CBS) Just in case being president of a United States engaged in two wars and mired in economic difficulties wasn’t enough responsibility, Barack Obama was named the world’s most powerful man by Forbes magazine.
With just 67 spots on the list, the magazine says it considered these questions before tabbing its all-star team of world powers:
“Do they have influence over lots of other people? Do they control relatively large financial resources compared with their peers? Are they powerful in multiple spheres?”
Rounding out the top 10 are:
– Hu Jintao, president of China
– Vladimir Putin, prime minister of Russia
– Ben Bernanke, chairman of U.S. Federal Reserve
– Sergey Lin and Larry Page, founders of Google
– Carlos Slim Helu, CEO, TelMex
– Rupert Murdoch, chairman, NewsCorp.
– Michael T. Duke, president, CEO of Wal-Mart
– Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, ruler of Saudi Arabia
– William Gates III, founder of Microsoft